Communications and Marketing Director
Kiss the Ground (KTG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to awaken people to the possibilities of regeneration and inspire participation in this movement through media, communications, education, immersive programming, and advocacy. Since being established in 2013 with the goal of creating societal awareness around the extraordinary potential of healthy soil, Kiss the Ground has educated and activated millions through their Media Program, Farmland Program, Stewardship Program, and Policy Program, and has created an online pathway to resources for joining this expanding global movement. KTG has also spread the word through creative collaborations that have resulted in a book and a critically-acclaimed documentary (released on Netflix in September 2020), both named Kiss the Ground.
Communications and Marketing Director
Kiss the Ground is seeking a highly organized and experienced Communications & Marketing Director. We are seeking to work along with someone who is creative in strategizing the organization’s growth, optimization and development through our communications and marketing.. You must possess superb written and verbal communication skills, and have in-depth knowledge of marketing trends. We are looking for a qualified person who cares for the earth and values diversity in the space – to oversee and inform on strategy, keep a calendar for our overall communications, collaborate with team mates and programs, manage staff in the department, have oversight of the editorial committee, strategize and develop PR and keep our website, integrations and analytics functioning with great optimization.
Communications Director Responsibilities:
- Reports to COO and Executive Director
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy and budget for performance marketing
- Developing a Social media calendar which will include posts from our partners in the movement, as well as KTG posts of podcasts, workshops, classes, etc. as well as the commitments in our Strategic Plan
- Works in collaboration with our creative director to establish voice and brand
- Works with the Communications Coordinator to maintain communications and marketing calendar and directs the flow/creation of and approval of posts
- Manages Social Media Manager for online presence
- Manages Copywriter
- Maintains an awareness of the Environmental Movement, and keep ahead of organization risks and threats (Crisis management and preemptive planning)
- Oversees PR and media relations for the organization
- Develop and manage influencer + brand ambassador programming
- Ensuring quality control of all information released
- Collaboration with an agency for an initiative we are starting this year.
- Maintains our website, integrations and analytics reporting
Communications Director Requirements:
- Advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Understands Performance Marketing
- 8+ years communications experience.
- Experience in digital analytics and social listening tools, measuring campaign ROI and metrics to support overall influencer strategy
- Expert knowledge of Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Must demonstrate flawless attention to detail, be a team player,and creative thinker
- Experience in diverse stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong and confident leadership.
- A good knowledge of the Regenerative Agriculture movement is a big plus.
Kiss the Ground values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
KTG is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Full time position, health benefits, holidays, and paid time off
Reports to the ED and COO
Salary is $ 100,000 to 110,000 ANNUALLY DOE