A Magical Night of Inspiration in Malibu, California
We are still experiencing the magic and optimism generated from Saturday’s Kiss the Ground Soil to Table Fundraiser, graciously hosted by our friends at the beautiful Plumcot Farm in Malibu, California and Host Sponsors Gunnar Lovelace – Social Impact Fund and Kathy Kellogg – Kellogg Garden Organics. We are so honored to welcome so many new people to the movement and to celebrate with those who have been standing with us from the beginning.
This night was a representation of what’s possible when so many purpose-driven people unite towards a new vision for our future and the power of a growing community committed to regeneration.
We want to send our heartfelt thank you to Alison & Alex Hersel, Monica Samayoa and the Plumcot Farm team for their generosity and love. To Gunnar Lovelace and Kathy Kellogg for your generous support of this event. To Dr. Mark Hyman, IN-Q, Patricia Arquette, and Kiss the Ground Author and Filmmaker, Josh Tickell for lending your voices and powerful words to the movement. To Peia, for your angelic voice and a soundtrack for the evening that showed us what a connection to nature sounds like. To Maggie Lochtenberg for your meticulous seed mandala center-piece as a beautiful way to honor Mother Earth.
To Michelle Lainez of Chef Michelle and Co. and the crew, Zoe Nathan and Kelsey Brito of Milo & Olive, Sherry Mandel of Weiser Farms and Tehachapi Grain Project, and Charles Barth of Slow Foods Ventura for your magnificence.
To all of the guests, your presence supported the growing movement to regenerate our planet, and that is not only a gift to Kiss the Ground, but it is also a gift to all that is possible.
Together, we can do this.
Team Kiss the Ground
- Gunnar Lovelace – Social Impact Fund and Kathy Kellogg – Kellogg Garden Organics
Hosts, Chefs, Crew and Love:
- Alison & Alex Hersel, Monica Samayoa and the Plumcot Farm Crew
- Michelle Lainez of Chef Michelle and Co. and Crew
- Zoe Nathan and Kelsey Brito of Milo & Olive
- Sherry Mandel of Weiser Family Farms and Tehachapi Grain Project
- Charles Barth of Slow Foods Ventura
- Volunteers Emily Marquis, Yael Lasry, Josh Kaufman, Lucy Johnson, Lillia Mullins, and Lauren Rhea Costine
- Special thanks to Ian Rene, Darius Fisher and Nicky Noble
Farmers & Food Donations:
- Sow a Heart Farm: Mollie & Ellias Engelhart
- Plumcot Farm: Alison Hersel & Monica Samayoa
- Intuitive Forager: Kerry Clasby
- Burroughs Family Farms: Rose Marie Burroughs
- Kandarian Farms: Larry Kandarian
- Tehachapi Grain Project: Alex Weiser and Sherry Mandel
- Weiser Family Farms: Alex Weiser and Sherry Mandel
- The Ranch Malibu: Wendi Dunn
- King and King Ranch: Alana King
- Pasturebird: Paul Greive
- Cascade Mountain Spring Water
- Bonterra Wine
- Studio Earth Coffee
- Be Love Farm
- Sage Vegan Bistro
Speakers and Artists:
- Mark Hyman – Guest Speaker
- Patricia Arquette – Guest Speaker
- Josh Tickell – Guest Speaker
- Peia – Musical Guest
- IN-Q – Poetry
- Maggie Lochtenburg – Seed Mandala Art
- Bee Rooted Honeybees Botanicals
- The Ranch Malibu
- Safe Place for Youth’s Community Garden
- Figuroa Earth Supply
- Mark Hyman
- Luna Volta
- Earth Junky
Become a Member
As a member, your monthly donations make it possible for us to educate youth, consumers, and businesses—plus create media, train and support farmers, and advocate for healthy soils across the globe. You’ll gain instant access to replays of our ongoing member series, Coffee Conversations on Regeneration featuring discussions with ZACH BUSH MD, Fibershed, OSEA, Mad Agriculture, Prima, General Mills, (amongst others!) as well as our upcoming discussion with author and KTG Advisor, Charles Eisenstein on November 14th at 9am, “Climate: A New Story, altering our cultural myth about separation.” These popular live online discussions are designed to provide you with behind the scenes access into the movement and tools to explore regeneration in your own life.