JOIN OUR TEAM
Kiss the Ground is a Los Angeles-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to awaken people to the possibilities of regeneration and inspire participation in this movement through media, communications, education, immersive programming, and advocacy. Since being established in 2013 with the goal of creating societal awareness around the extraordinary potential of healthy soil, Kiss the Ground has educated and activated millions through their Media Program, Farmland Program, and Stewardship Program and created an online “pathway” for anyone to find resources and their unique way forward in contributing to this expanding global movement.
POSTED: January 22nd, 2021
Communications and Marketing Director
Kiss The Ground is seeking highly diligent, confident candidates with substantial management experience for the role of Communications & Marketing Director. The position comes with great responsibility, as Communications Directors are accountable for public perception of a company. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse communications and marketing roles and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large. The Director will oversee the communications coordinator and web site manager. In addition this position will work closely with Brand Partnership, Development, Media, Stewardship, Farmland, and Policy programs.
Communications Director Responsibilities:
- Reports to COO and Executive Director
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy and budget
- Developing a Social media calendar which will include posts from our partners in the movement, as well as KTG posts of pod casts, workshops, classes, etc. as well as the commitments in our Strategic Plan
- Developing Marketing Strategy to sell our online courses
- Working with the Communications Coordinator to maintain communications and marketing calendar
- Helping Communications Coordinator with the flow/creation of and approval of posts
- Crisis management and preemptive planning
- Maintaining an awareness of company risks and threats
- Managing media relations
- Develop and manage influencer + brand ambassador programming
- Ensuring quality control of all information released
- Working with Public Relations team for strategy and copy assistance
Communications Director Requirements:
- Advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 8+ years communications experience.
- Experience in digital analytics and social listening tools, measuring campaign ROI and metrics to support overall influencer strategy
- Expert knowledge of Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Must demonstrate flawless attention to detail, be a team player,and creative thinker
- Experience in diverse stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong and confident leadership.
- A good knowledge of the Regenerative Agriculture movement is a big plus.
Kiss the Ground is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary is DOE
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
**Remote from Home, based in SoCal**
POSTED: May 14th, 2021
Full time, Salaried Position with Health Benefits
Salary: $50K – $65K
Reports to Development Director and COO
Kiss the Ground is a Los Angeles-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to awaken people to the possibilities of regeneration and inspires participation through media, communications, courses, workshops, immersive programming, and advocacy. We currently have nine full-time employees, and work with several part-time contractors. Please visit our website – www.kisstheground.com – for more information about our programs.
This is an active, people-person position. It is about building relationships and maintaining them. This position is for a highly-organized self-starter and a person who is passionate about our mission and regenerative agriculture. This position requires travel to fundraising related events and trade shows as needed (when safety allows).
Requirements and qualifications:
- (5) years of professional work experience, preferably in a field connected to regenerative agriculture, sustainability, and/or fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant work experience:
- Recruiting, creating, and cultivating professional partnerships
- Outreach, communications, and networking
- Fundraising and securing brand sponsorships
- Project planning and implementation
- Event coordination and execution
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage Brand Partnerships Program and corporate sponsorships, working with the Brand Partnership Strategist and Development Director.
- Assist with developing and maintaining promotional materials including brand decks, partnership decks, and one-sheets
- Monitor and manage Brand Partnership Survey and results
- Responsible for all communications related to execution of each Brand Partnership Plan, to include: scheduling meetings,, attending initial exploratory calls, emails, Partnership Plan drafts and updates, post-schedules, copy approvals, and website update requests
- Coordinate all partnership deliverables, recap reports, and acknowledgements
- Serve as liaison between Communications Dept and brand partners
- Coordinate shipping of brand product samples to KTG photographer for asset development, as needed
- Responsible for updating the Partnership Tracker
- Manage KTG Membership / monthly giving program
- Work with Development Director to implement Membership strategy
- Responsible for all communications and materials related to this program (monthly newsletters, website, and social media campaigns)
- Coordinate Member benefits, including working with Brand Partners to get discount codes and giveaway prizes
- Work with Community Liaison Coordinator to optimize Mighty Networks Members Hub
- Schedule and plan the ReGeneration Round Table speaker series
- Assist with tracking and reporting the results of brand partnerships, monthly memberships, and other relevant collaborations (including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, fundraising leads, and events).
- Manage Gift & Acknowledgements for brand partnerships, membership, major donors, board, advisors, and staff (birthdays) (Some items housed at your place)
- Manage Events: Organize aspects of hosting the events (i.e. venue, catering, etc), attend events as on-sight coordinator, network at events.
- Contact Database: Maintain contact profiles in Kindful, including data entry for new donors and brand partners, and updating donor profiles as needed. Work with the Comms Dept to ensure contact integration with our email newsletter platform, and enter manual information into Kindful that did not come via electronic means.
- Manage the Find Your Path (FYP) tool https://kisstheground.com/find-your-path/
- Identify and recruit partners to include in FYP
- Build and cultivate FYP partner relationships
- Responsible for all FYP communications
- Help partners develop / refine FYP offering and landing page
- Acquire profiles and other relevant copy (website, materials, emails, etc.) with help from interns
- Work with interns to make sure all links work on a quarterly basis.
- Add new partners on a quarterly basis.
- Add FYP partners to Contact Database
- Non-Profit/NGO inquiries sharing what assets and resources we have available, nurturing the relationship and seeing what opportunities exist.
- Take initial exploratory calls to evaluate best fit
- Delegate to the proper KTG team person
- Acquire and manage interns to help with the work of this position.
- Other work as assigned
POSTED: March 24th, 2021
Development Director, Kiss the ground
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Kiss the Ground’s fundraising, including membership, major gifts, special events, foundations and corporate campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the COO in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace our mission and values: awakening people to the possibilities of regeneration
Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Enjoys building external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and an excellent listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- We work with Kindful, Slack, Monday, Active Campaign and Xero
- Work with Major Gifts officer and President to meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Manage the Brand Giving staff and grow the companies ability to connect with Brands
- Manage the Partnership Development Manager, membership program and Find Your Path
- Create a major gifts strategy including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee Foundation and Government grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Speak on behalf of the organization at events
- Attend board meetings and give a development report
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications, Impact report, Magazine, and annual report to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. We are a small but growing organization.
*Must be willing to relocate to Southern California.
POSTED: February 15, 2021
Stewardship, Policy, Media or Farmland
Kiss The Ground provides a unique opportunity for learning about initiatives that support farming principles and practices that increase biodiversity, enrich soils, improve watersheds, and enhance ecosystem services.
Our internships are remote and typically four months long, although we can accommodate specific school schedules. We ask for at least a four hour commitment per week.